Here is a list of frequently asked questions. To search for a specific keyword just type "Ctrl-F" and enter the word. If you cannot find the answer to your question, please contact us at email@example.com.
Install / Uninstall
- How do I run XLSTAT the first time?
- When I open Xlstatpro.xla why don't I see any changes in Excel?
- Are there tutorials available?
- Is the demo version free?
- How long can I use the demo version?
- What happens a new version of XLSTAT is released?
- Can I distribute the demo or give friends and colleagues access to it?
- How can I order XLSTAT?
- Do you accept purchase orders?
- Are online orders secured?
- Can my company sign an enterprise license agreement (ELA) with Addinsoft?
- How quickly do you process orders?
- Where can I view a list of XLSTAT features?
- If a feature is not listed, can I ask you to develop it?
- Can I use some of your functionalities as part of my own program?
- I mislaid my license number. Can you give me the reference?
- My hard disk has crashed. How can I get a new copy?
- Is there a customer service dedicated to registered clients?
XLSTAT is permanently being tested with all existing Excel versions. The Mac version runs with all Excel version from version 5.0. The PC version runs with all Excel versions starting from version 97.
- Whatever your Excel or XLSTAT version, it is necessary that the Macros security level (see menu Tools/Macros/Security of Excel) is set to Medium so that XLSTAT can run.
- Excel 97 SR-1 users: your Excel version must be updated. Version SR-1 is buggy and you need to upgrade to SR-2. You can download an upgrade for free from http://office.microsoft.com/Downloads/9798/sr2off97detail.aspx. Then proceed to the second step (see below).
- Excel 97 SR-2 users: your Excel version must be updated if you want XLSTAT functions to run well. All you need to do (if not already done) is download the free patch available on http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/9798/xl8p10pkg.aspx.
- Excel 2000 users: we recommend that you download and install the SR3 patch, available from http://office.microsoft.com/officeupdate.
- Excel 2002 (Office XP) users: to run some of the XLSTAT functions, you need to activate the "Trust access to Visual Basic Project" in the "Trusted Sources" panel of the Tools/Macros/Security menu of Excel.
- Excel 2003 users: we recommend that you download and install the latest patches, available from http://office.microsoft.com/officeupdate.
How do I install XLSTAT?
The process is simple. Just download the trial version. Then close Excel and run the file you have downloaded to start the installation process. The installation will be completed within a few seconds. To find out how to run XLSTAT for the first time, click here to consult the tutorial.
How do I uninstall XLSTAT?
The process is as easy as installation. Click here to consult the tutorial.
How do I run XLSTAT the first time?
The process is simple and is detailed in a tutorial. Click here for the tutorial.
When I open Xlstatpro.xla why don't I see any
changes in Excel?
Most probably because you haven't set the Excel macro security level to Medium. Open Excel again, then activate the Tools / Macro / Security ... menu. Select Medium. The next time you run XLSTAT, select "Enable macros" when prompted. You should see the XLSTAT toolbar and the XLSTAT menu next to the Excel Help menu.
Are there tutorials available? Yes, we add new tutorials on a regular basis. They can be consulted online on this page. The XLSTAT helpfile also provides useful information. This file is installed with XLSTAT.
How can I order XLSTAT?
XLSTAT can be ordered online, by fax or by phone. For more details, please click here. The quickest way to obtain XLSTAT is by ordering and paying online.
Can my company sign an enterprise license agreement
(ELA) with Addinsoft?
Yes. We encourage license agreements as they facilitate business license management. A number of companies have already signed ELAs with us. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
How often does Addinsoft release new versions
We ship a new version approximately every 3 months. Simple updates adding a single feature in response to a specific demand are released as required.
Where can I view a list of XLSTAT features?
For a list of the functionalities offered, click here.
Can I use some of your functionalities as
part of my own program?
Yes. All we need to know the purpose of your application and the scale (how many users) so that we can determine the proper licensing agreement and pricing.
Is there a manual for XLSTAT?
Yes, there is a manual. The manual is available as a pdf (Adobe Acrobat) file and can be downloaded by registered users. The manual provides an in-depth description of XLSTAT functionalities, each followed by a list of articles and books to the which the user might want to refer. However, please keep in mind that the manual is designed as a working tool and cannot replace a good statistics textbook! Some recommended books can be found here.
Is the manual sent with the CD-ROM version?
The manual is available on the CD-ROM, but not in a print version. We update our manuals frequently and if you are a registered user you can download them when you want or need to, and print them as you see fit.
I mislaid my license number. Can you give me
Just email us to email@example.com and we'll send you your license number. The information you need is stored in our database.
My hard disk has crashed. How can I get a new
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll give you the download link to obtain a new copy. We'll also give you your license number in case it was lost.
Copyright © 2013 Kovach Computing Services, Anglesey, Wales. All Rights Reserved. Portions copyright Addinsoft and Provalis Research.
Last modified 9 August, 2013