Here is a list of frequently asked questions. To search for a specific keyword just type "Ctrl-F" and enter the word. If you cannot find the answer to your question, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Install / Uninstall
- How compatible is XLSTAT with Microsoft Excel?
- How do I install XLSTAT?
- Microsoft Excel generates an 'Error 459' when launching an XLSTAT function
- Can I install my license on several computers?
- How do I uninstall XLSTAT?
- An empty screen appears when installing XLSTAT on Mac OSX
- How do I run XLSTAT the first time?
- When I open Xlstatpro.xla why don't I see any changes in Excel?
- Are there tutorials available?
- Is the demo version free?
- How long can I use the demo version?
- Can I distribute the demo or give friends and colleagues access to it?
- How can I order XLSTAT?
- Do you accept purchase orders?
- Are online orders secured?
- Can my company sign an enterprise license agreement (ELA) with Addinsoft?
- How quickly do you process orders?
- What license types are available?
- My license key does not register
- I have mislaid my license number. Can you give me the reference?
- I need to change computer, can I transfer my license?
- When activating my license, I receive the message "The license key you tried to activate has already been activated on your computer"
- When activating my license, I receive the message "Installed service version is not valid"
- Where can I view a list of XLSTAT features?
- If a feature is not listed, can I ask you to develop it?
- Can I use some of your functionalities as part of my own program?
- My hard disk has crashed. How can I get a new copy?
- Is there a customer service dedicated to registered clients?
Install / Uninstall
XLSTAT is permanently being tested with all existing Excel versions. The Mac version runs with Excel 2011. It is not compatible with version 2008. The PC version runs with all Excel versions starting from version 97 (including Excel 2013). XLSTAT is compatible with both 32bits and 64bits versions of Excel.
- Whatever your Excel or XLSTAT version, it is necessary that the Macros security level (see menu Tools/Macros/Security of Excel) is set to Medium so that XLSTAT can run.
- Excel 97 SR-1 users: your Excel version must be updated. Version SR-1 is buggy and you need to upgrade to SR-2. You can download an upgrade for free from http://office.microsoft.com/Downloads/9798/sr2off97detail.aspx. Then proceed to the second step (see below).
- Excel 97 SR-2 users: your Excel version must be updated if you want XLSTAT functions to run well. All you need to do (if not already done) is download the free patch available on http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/9798/xl8p10pkg.aspx.
- Excel 2000 users: we recommend that you download and install the SR3 patch, available from http://office.microsoft.com/officeupdate.
- Excel 2002 (Office XP) users: to run some of the XLSTAT functions, you need to activate the "Trust access to Visual Basic Project" in the "Trusted Sources" panel of the Tools/Macros/Security menu of Excel. We recommend that you download and install the SR2 patch, available fromhttp://office.microsoft.com/officeupdate.
- Excel 2003 users: we recommend that you download and install the latest patches, available from http://office.microsoft.com/officeupdate.
How do I install XLSTAT?
The process is simple. Just download the trial version. Then close Excel and run the file you have downloaded to start the installation process. The installation will be completed within a few seconds.
You will find details about the installation on:
Remember to launch XLSTAT with Administrator right, when installing XLSTAT on Windows, to be able to install it.
To find out how to run XLSTAT for the first time, click here to consult the tutorial.Microsoft Excel generates an 'Error 459' when launching an XLSTAT function
Error 459 means that Microsoft Excel has been installed without some necessary options that are necessary for XLSTAT to run smoothly. You need to reinstall Microsoft Excel while enabling the following options: VBA, Macros and Microsoft Forms. Then go to http://office.microsoft.com/officeupdate in order to install the available patches for your version of Microsoft Excel.Can I install my license on several computers?
You can install XLSTAT on two computers you own as long as they are for your personnal use and are not used at the same time.
How do I uninstall XLSTAT?
The process is as easy as installation. Click here to consult the tutorial.
If when you launch the xlstatMac.zip file, an empty installation box appears, that mean you have a version of Java for Mac that has a major bug.
The fix you need to download to solve this issue is available on the apple website at: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572
How do I run XLSTAT the first time?
The process is simple and is detailed in a tutorial. Click here for the tutorial.
When I open Xlstatpro.xla why don't I see any
changes in Excel?
Most probably because you haven't set the Excel macro security level to Medium. Open Excel again, then activate the Tools / Macro / Security ... menu. Select Medium. The next time you run XLSTAT, select "Enable macros" when prompted. You should see the XLSTAT toolbar and the XLSTAT menu next to the Excel Help menu.
Are there tutorials available? Yes, we add new tutorials on a regular basis. They can be consulted online on this page. The XLSTAT helpfile also provides useful information. This file is installed with XLSTAT.
How can I order XLSTAT?
XLSTAT can be ordered online, by fax or by phone. For more details, please click here. The quickest way to obtain XLSTAT is by ordering and paying online.
Can my company sign an enterprise license agreement
(ELA) with Addinsoft?
Yes. We encourage license agreements as they facilitate business license management. A number of companies have already signed ELAs with us. Please contact us at email@example.com for more information.
XLSTAT licenses can be either annual or perpetual.
Access to priority technical support. Take advantage of free software upgrades as long as your license is active. Enables you to spread the cost of purchase over time and enjoy the software's latest updates. Allows you to keep enjoying the use of your software even when upgrading your OS or Excel version. The annual license is an annual subscription. It is automatically renewed. You can stop your subscription whenever you want.
Includes one year of free technical support and software upgrades (special ongoing offer). Maintenance and upgrades may be purchased on an annual basis to benefit from technical support and upgrades (upgrades are about 35% of the initial software cost). Enjoy a license that never expires (please note that you may have to upgrade your software if you change operating systems or Excel versions).
Specific annual licenses are available: the Campus license is meant to equip a university or a school, the site license is meant to equip a company. For these types of license, please contact us
Licence KeyMy license key does not register
To register your license key you need to run XLSTAT with Administrator rights. This tutorial explains how to run XLSTAT with Administrator rights. Once this is done enter again your license key and activate it.I have mislaid my license number. Can you give me the reference?
Just email us to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll send you your license number. The information you need is stored in our databaseI need to change computer, can I transfer my license?
XLSTAT allows you to transfer your license key from one computer to another. You should proceed as follows:
When activating my license, I receive the message "The license key you tried to activate has already been activated on your computer"
This message means that your license key has not been properly deactivated on the deactivation server.
In order to solve that issue please follow these steps:
- In the XLSTAT installation folder, you should find a file called certificatExport.txt
- Open the file and copy the code.
- Open your browser and go to: https://www.internetactivation.com/ECOSYSTEM/ActivationServer/tiactivate/deactivate.aspx
- Paste the code in the deactivation certificate box.
- Click on "Deactivate license".
The process should be successful and you can now activate your license key using XLSTAT. You can find a tutorial here.When activating my license, I receive the message "Installed service version is not valid"
This message means that when installing XLSTAT the service that is installed to manage the activation process had not enough privileges to be correctly installed.
In order to solve that issue please follow these steps:
- Close XLSTAT and Excel.
- In the XLSTAT installation folder, you should find a file called nlsinst.exe.
- Right click on the file and select "Run as administrator"
- Follow the installation process.
- Once the process is over, run XLSTAT and try to activate your license again.
If the same problem occurs, please reboot your computer.
You can find a tutorial to activate your license here.
How often does Addinsoft release new versions
We ship a new version approximately every 3 months. Simple updates adding a single feature in response to a specific demand are released as required.
Where can I view a list of XLSTAT features?
For a list of the functionalities offered, click here.
Can I use some of your functionalities as
part of my own program?
Yes, this is possible. There are more information on that on the customization page. If you need us to customize XLSTAT for you, all we need to know is the purpose of your application and the scale (how many users) so that we can determine the proper licensing agreement and pricing.
Is there a manual for XLSTAT?
Yes, there is a manual. The manual is available as a pdf (Adobe Acrobat) file and can be downloaded by registered users. The manual provides an in-depth description of XLSTAT functionalities, each followed by a list of articles and books to the which the user might want to refer. However, please keep in mind that the manual is designed as a working tool and cannot replace a good statistics textbook! Some recommended books can be found here.
Is the manual sent with the CD-ROM version?
The manual is available on the CD-ROM, but not in a print version. We update our manuals frequently and if you are a registered user you can download them when you want or need to, and print them as you see fit.
My hard disk has crashed. How can I get a new
If your maintenance plan is still active, just contact us at email@example.com and we'll give you the download link to obtain a new copy. We'll also give you your license number in case it was lost.