QDA Miner Unique Features
Since its introduction, QDA Miner has established itself as a trend setter among computer-assisted qualitative data analysis software applications by offering truly innovative features, such as:
- Integrated statistical and visualization tools, such as clustering, multidimensional scaling, heatmaps, correspondence analysis and sequence analysis, allow one to quickly identify patterns and trends, explore data, as well as describe, compare and test hypotheses. All these tools are readily available in just a few mouse clicks. No need to purchase separate statistical software or transfer data to another application. This is one of the reasons that QDA Miner is considered by many to be the very first and still only mixed-model qualitative analysis software available on the market today.
- A unique report manager tool that allows researchers to store, in a single location, queries and analysis results, tables and graphs, research notes and quotes. Its outliner design is ideal for organizing information, structuring findings and interpretations, keeping track of progresses, and supporting researchers in the report-writing process.
- A powerful command log that keeps track of every project access, coding operation, transformation, query and analysis performed. This tool may be used to document the analysis process and supervise team-work, as well as to recall and repeat previously performed queries and analyses and undo some operations performed many days or even months ago. Along with the Report Manager, this log provides invaluable information for the creation of a detailed audit trail, quite useful to ensure the transparency of the research process and to establish the credibility of the study.
- Unique and powerful text retrieval and text analysis tools—including the Keyword Retrieval feature and the new groundbreaking Query-by-Example search and retrieval function—that employ technologies from various domains, such as information retrieval, machine learning, computational linguistics, and text mining.
- Unprecedented teamwork support with flexible multi-user settings, convenient collaboration tools, a powerful merge feature for bringing together into a single project, coding, annotations, reports and log entries of different coders working independently. The unique inter-raters agreement assessment module also allows researchers to ensure the coding reliability of multiple coders.
QDA Miner empowers analysts with far greater and faster in-depth analysis while keeping them close to the data. Some of the tools offered include:
- Intuitive on-screen coding and annotations of texts and images with additional features offering unsurpassed flexibility, such as code splitting and merging, easy resizing of coded segments, and interactive code searching and replacement.
- Powerful autocoding from any text searches and from advanced coding retrieval results involving overlap, proximity, sequence, exclusion, etc.
- A wide choice of text retrieval tools, including a powerful text search engine with Boolean operators and thesaurus queries; a section extraction tool for quick retrieval and coding of structured documents; a keyword search based on powerful content analysis dictionaries; and an exclusive query-by-example text search engine with optional fuzzy pattern matching and machine learning features.
- Importation of a wide range of document and image file formats as well as database, spreadsheet, transcription tools, and qualitative software files (QSR N6, Nvivo 7 and Nvivo 8, Atlas.ti, HyperResearch, Ethnograph, Transana, & Transcriber).
- Documents stored in Rich Text Format support font and paragraph formatting, graphics and tables, and may be edited at any time without affecting the existing coding.
- Flexible coding retrieval and analysis tools for extracting coded segments associated with specific codes or code patterns and identifying coding co-occurrences, coding sequences and assess relationships between assigned codes and other numerical or categorical properties.
- Powerful document management tool offering a robust solution for handling both simple document sets and complex projects involving large collections of documents and images combined with numerical and categorical information.
- Flexible data management tools supporting numerous data types (documents, images, numeric data, dates, logical and categorical variables) and allowing transformation and recoding.
See a detailed list of features