Simstat 2.6 New Features
- Data files stored in a single file
- A more modern looking interface
- Storage of statistical results and charts in the Report Manager
- Improved integration with QDA Miner
Simstat 2.5 New Features
- New factor analysis module (formerly Easy Factor Analysis add-on).
- Image covariance or principal components and principal axis analysis on up to 2000 variables.
- QType factor analysis
- Number of factors extracted can be set manually or adjusted to a minimum eigenvalue criteria
- Scree plot of eigenvalues.
- Optional varimax orthogonal rotation of factor loadings.
- Optional printing of descriptive statistics and correlation matrix for all the variables in the data set.
- Printing of unrotated and/or rotated factor solutions.
- Can compute factor scoring weights for both the rotated and unrotated solutions.
- Factor scores can be displayed on screen or saved on disk
- New classical item analysis module (formerly StatItem add-on)
for scale development and testing of multiple-choice item questionnaires.
- Can perform item analysis on questionnaires with up to 2000 items.
- Missing values can be excluded (case wise) or treated as incorrect responses.
- Item statistics (frequency & percentage of endorsement, item-total biserial & point-biserial correlation, Cronbach's alpha if item deleted, user defined discrimination index).
- Item-total endorsement rate matrix and item characteristic curves (based on original scores or smoothed data)
- Item-total response breakdown to compare the percentage of correct responses among several groups of equal size (between 2 and 10 groups)
- Scale total statistics (mean, median, minimum and maximum, standard deviation, standard error, skewness, kurtosis, Cronbach's alpha, Ferguson discrimination index, etc)
- Summary statistics on percent correct, biserial and point-biserial correlations.
- Frequency distribution of total scores.
- Option to save scale totals on disk.
- Importation of Microsoft Access data files.
- Notebook window now stores results in Rich Text Format (fixed
- Ability to change font attributes (bold, italic, strikeout, underline, color).
- Ability to highlight text.
- Ability to print highlighted outputs and export them to RTF files.
- Web update provides an easy way to get interim releases of Simstat.
- New HTML help file; ability to resize data columns with the mouse; other miscellaneous improvement.
New features of version 2.0 can be found here.