Stata is a complete, integrated statistical software package created by StataCorp LP (www.stata.com). It provides a wide range of statistical analysis, data management, and graphics. Released in June 2013, version 13 added many new features, including a long string data type allowing one to store along with numerical and categorical data, documents up to 2 billion characters. One could thus create a statistical database with journal abstracts, news transcripts, patents, incident reports, customer feedbacks, interviews and so on.
WordStat for Stata was created to allow Stata 13 and Stata 15 users running under Windows, to apply text analytics techniques on any string variables stored in a Stata data file. WordStat combines natural language processing, content analysis and statistical techniques to quickly extract topics, patterns and relationships in large amount of text. It can process millions of words in seconds and compare extracted themes across any other numerical, categorical or date variables in the Stata file.
WordStat for Stata is the same software, with the same capabilities, as the version that runs with QDA Miner or SimStat. The only difference is that when you install WordStat for Stata it installs an extension to Stata that permits you to run WordStat as a content analysis module and import files with the Document Conversion Wizard. Therefore, you must always install Stata before installing WordStat for Stata.
WHAT IT IS USED FOR?
WordStat can be used by anyone who needs to quickly extract and analyze information stored in Stata text variables. It may be used for:
- Content analysis of open-ended responses, interview or focus group transcripts
- Business intelligence and competitive web sites analysis
- Information extraction and knowledge discovery from incident reports, customer complaints
- Content analysis of news coverage or scientific literature (scientometrics or bibliometrics studies)
- Automatic tagging and classification of documents
- Fraud detection, authorship attribution, patent analysis
- Taxonomy development and validation
You can download a demo version of the latest Wordstat from here.
Prices and ordering
For prices, on-line ordering and other purchasing information please go to our ordering page.