New features include:
- Full 32-bit application (designed specifically for Windows 95/NT and later).
- Improved computation speed (2x to 10x or more).
- Correspondence analysis (statistics, 2D & 3D joint plots). This new feature is accessible from the crosstab page and allows one to examine graphically the relationship between grouping variables and words or categories resulting from a content analysis.
- Option to use disk for storage of temporary data, allowing analysis of larger projects.
- Support for larger memo fields (up to 64K rather than 32K).
- Ability to define different criteria for co-occurrence in clustering
and multidimensional scaling. Co-occurrence of words or categories may
be defined when appearing in the same:
- record (as in version 2.0)
- user defined section
- window of n words
- Display of cluster analysis statistics (co-occurrence and similarity matrix, agglomeration schedule statistics)
- New option for case sensitive content analysis.
- Ability to temporarily disable specific words or categories.
- More flexible keyword highlighting (the text editor can display all categories using different colors).
- Powerful dictionary building assistant to find related words (synonyms, antonyms, holonyms, meronyms, hypernyms, hyponyms) in a WordNet based thesaurus (English only).
- New option for either exclusive or overlapping category systems.
- New utility program to easily transfer documents of any size into
Simstat database files. Large documents (i.e., larger than 64K) are
automatically split and stored in different memo fields or records.
Various file formats are supported such as:
- Plain text (with optional DOS ASCII to Windows ANSI conversion)
- HTML (with or without removal of HTML tags)
- MS Words *
- WordPerfect *
- Excel *
* The support for specific versions of these file formats may differ depending on your windows version and configuration.